Re: TI-H: My link works! One way...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: My link works! One way...

From: Eilon Lipton <yoe@mediaone.net>
>   OK, I got my link working - finally. I totally rebuilt it, this time no
>super glue :) I also did not bother putting on the D-sub hood to guarantee
>no shorts (the hood is metal). Anyway, only with W32Tran8x 3.1 and only in
>Windows 98 SE (I beta test it) did I get it working at all. I set it to
>COM1, a "speed" of 10000 (ten thousand), and no "invert lines". I managed
>send stuff (everything, except a backup) from my TI-86 to my computer.
>   The problem is it only works one way! I cannot send anything to the
>calculator, which is kind of the entire idea of these links for the most
>part.

Does W32Tran8x support 2 way?  I dont' know if I tried that version or
not.

>Do any of you electronics experts have any idea what might cause this
>with the "$4 serial link"?

When you send data is it fast?  If it were slow it might indicate
problems with the link.

>   I tried specifying different speeds and "invert lines" and even tried
>messing around with Windows '98's COM1 port settings. What do you guys have
>in the settings? Which handshaking? What port speed? Etc.

Settings shouldn't matter much, only two signaling lines are used, and they
should
not be effected much by the settings.

have you tried it on another computer?

-dk