TI-H: My link works! One way...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: My link works! One way...

   OK, I got my link working - finally. I totally rebuilt it, this time no
super glue :) I also did not bother putting on the D-sub hood to guarantee
no shorts (the hood is metal). Anyway, only with W32Tran8x 3.1 and only in
Windows 98 SE (I beta test it) did I get it working at all. I set it to
COM1, a "speed" of 10000 (ten thousand), and no "invert lines". I managed to
send stuff (everything, except a backup) from my TI-86 to my computer.
   The problem is it only works one way! I cannot send anything to the
calculator, which is kind of the entire idea of these links for the most
part. Do any of you electronics experts have any idea what might cause this
with the "$4 serial link"? I used the diagram on
http://www.cas.uc.edu/~mather/ti85.htm, but as I understand it, that link
should work with any calculator, as mentioned on
http://linkcables.ticalc.org/serial.html (which has the same schematic on
it).
   I tried specifying different speeds and "invert lines" and even tried
messing around with Windows '98's COM1 port settings. What do you guys have
in the settings? Which handshaking? What port speed? Etc.

Thanks,
   Eilon Lipton