Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

From: Rosyna <rosyna@earthlink.net>
>What I meant is can a windows compiler only compile for one platform?

What do you mean by "windows compiler"?  In general, a compiler that
generates executable code for any specific platform will not run on
another platform.

>One Target? I have CodeWarrior Pro 2 in my hands and it has and IDE
>that can target MacOS, MagicOS (one of the CW releases did, not sure
>if this one does), Win 9x/NT and Java, I can get more thingies that
>allow it to do RedHat, BeOS, PlayStaion, and PlamOS and Newton.

I don't know how CodeWarrior works, but if you have to target a specific
OS when you build then it probably just compiles differently for each
platform.  I'd guess that it probably generates some kind of interpreted
p-code which is then bound up with an executable interpreter that is
specific for each OS.  Just a guess tho.

>Heck, even REAL Basic lets me target Mac PPC, Mac 68k, Windows 9x and
>Java and it does BASIC! (Well, not basic but an object oriented BASIC
>like thingy, its real easy to learn.

Again, I have no idea what "REAL Basic" is, but it probably generates
code that is interpreted by a native code application on each target
platform.

DK