Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

Are you sure about them encouraging KDE over GNOME? Because RedHat and
GNOME are like Penn and Teller.... they are very close and they work
together. I have heard that KDE will be on the next disc, but that is
weird. KDE still has problems though... they are evolving very well. I LOVE
their Office suite... this is definately needed for a lot of people to
entirely convert from windows to linux. Especially since it will
supposively support Word documents and such. It also comes with a lot of
things like a Vector program. This is all too good. Linux has graphics,
office, and audio programs. It is seriously catching up to windows. All it
really needs is more games and more support from some companies. Oh you
WILL see Linux become available to the average user sometime. I'll guess
anywhere from this fall to next spring.

At 10:03 PM 4/8/99 EDT, you wrote:

>> Who cares? I don't forsee NetBSD, or any BSD for that matter, entering the
>>  PC market anytime soon. I do, however, see linux being bought by many high
>>  end windows users that want to try a new OS in the.... well, distant
future
>>  (the day that Redhat incorporates a windows-like setup and stays with a
>>  specific GUI-Env.).
>
>they're gonna stick in KDE on their next update (6.0)
>I've been told that they will encourage the use of that over any other... hmm
>
>-Dave (I'm only on AOL because my of my parents. It was not my decision
so..
>shhhh)
>
>Dave is an official member of the now dead GuRu clan.  Thanks for smurfing
>our server RainMaker :)  Enjoy the $20k fine.

-Dan

Follow-Ups: References: