Re: TI-H: wanting to 'soup up' my 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: wanting to 'soup up' my 86

In a message dated 4/6/99 10:21:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gussie@alaska.net writes:

>  >I've done these too, fancy versions.  Nice if you have a backlight since
>  >that
>  >pulls quite a bit of power (30+ma).  Good for if you use your calc near a
>  >power
>  >outlet.
>  >
>  >I'd call it an AC adapter, since the calc already runs on DC, it needs no
>  >adapter to run on that (voltage conversion maybe, but voltage level has
>  >nothing to do with AD or DC (well, ok, technicly speaking voltage level
>  >over time determines if its AC or DC, but you get my meaning )).
>
>  AC means DV/DT, if it it equals 0, then it is DC
>
>  V/T  has to be a constant for it to be DC.
not realy, so if you have a 9v batery conected 2 a LED and anothe LED trough
a switch are you saying that whan you swithch the LED on and of thereby
changing the voltige, i dont think so. Also a ful bridge rectifyer makes DC
out of ac using 4 diodes so looks like this
 _   _
/  \ /  \ someting like that and even smothing it out with a capaciter it
still has a woble to it IT IS NOT AC! AC it usual referd to as going neg to
pos to neg to pos ect
in a syne wave but sighn wavre is usealy considerd AC (sepends on how
sighnifican change in Volitige is 60 V of change whith in 10000 V is not that
much.)