Re: TI-H: Broken I/O port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Broken I/O port

From: Ryan Caron <rpcyan@geocities.com>
>I have looked through the Radio Shack catalog for a 2.5mm (or 3/32 inch) 3
conductor
>port. Unfortunately, they do not have it.

I would just put a new stereo port on there and (if you can't find
a 2.5mm) hack a cable or buy a 3.5-2.5 adapter.  Installing the
port is pretty easy if you have any soldering skills.  You will probably
end up modifying the case a little too, more maybe putting the port
on the side instead of the front.  Yes, this will void your warrantee.
I have heard that TI will occasionally still replace modified calculators
for a fee (most places will do this, charges seem to run around 30-40%
purchase price of the device, from what I have seen).

DK