Re: TI-H: empeg player

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: empeg player

It is still great. I mean, linux freaks would absolutely LOVE the idea of
linux running in their car.  It is like an all in one device just for the
car. As far as I am concerned, I'd either use a bare computer in my car, or
I'd wait till SOMEONE fscking comes out with a portable mp3 player with a
2.5" HDD for its media. In that case, I'd just hook it up to the Auxilary
port of the car audio deck. That doesn't seem to be happening with any less
than 12V @ 1A, so we'll just have to wait longer. If a player used a HDD,
it would only last about an hour with 2 AA bats anyway. I dunno...

At 11:16 AM 4/3/99 -0900, you wrote:

>>In a message dated 4/3/99 7:51:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>>danti@applecyber.dyndns.com writes:
>>
>>> The thing is basically a car player though.... why pay $300 for a
>>>  clock-like thing, when you could pay $500 for a barebone computer w/ LCD
>>>  and Keypad? When the barebone computer could serve as many other things
>>>  like GPS, etc.? I guess it is OK if you only have $300 and you'd rather
>>>  just have the MP3 player instead of all the cool stuff that would come
with
>>>  the $500 one. Just a thought.
>>>
>>Thats a good idea , 300 is enough for a little p100, maybe more
>
>Embedded products don't crash, and can withstand greater temperature changes.

-Dan

Follow-Ups: References: