Re: TI-H: empeg player

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: empeg player

dude grant... nice.... I see that you are allowing people to
modify the User Interface...
forget my project the only reason was cause the mp3kitz one
had a gay user interface...
I didnt even know it was of your design... fuck those 68k
dorks that I am working with :)
Im just gona grab one of those kits :)
I will strangle you if you dont release the UI sorce though!

ok ok Im a fool yada yada....

EVERYONE GO SEE THE MATRIX!
godamn that was wild.

ok bye.

> Do you have a page or any documentation about building
this?  I would be
> really interested in seeing that.  Personally this is the
best discussion I
> have seen since being on this list.  I could care less
that it has little to
> nothing to do with TI Calcs.
>                               Gearry

Jeff Dezur
> > Sent: Friday, April 02, 1999 12:12 AM
> > To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
> > Subject: RE: TI-H: empeg player
> >

> > Well, I've already built a car mp3 player.. sort of a
cut & paste thing,
> > really... I took a CD-ROM drive that I had sitting
around, found
> > out it can
> > read RW CDs, built a small LCD screen for it, and popped
that in
> > the car...
> > :) Takes up about the size of a motherboard and a CD-ROM
drive. I chose
> > using bootable CDs, since you can just omit the HD
completely,
> > and cut down
> > on size & cost dramatically. Plus, since you don't need
to worry
> > about bumps
> > with CDs (bang a hard drive head when you go over a nice
foot
> > deep pot hole.
> > Oops! :), and they're rewriteable, so I don't need to
use a new
> > CD for every
> > song I wanna update. I made a small controller that is
with the
> > screen, so I
> > can do the necessary next, prev, play, stop, pause,
etc... and
> > all this runs
> > under win95(unfortunately. I couldn't find a player that
would let me get
> > ID3 tag info, and the current playing time under
linux... I probably
> > could've made my own mp3 decoder, but, I'm lazy.) I made
a nice 8 MB RAM
> > drive for swap files, and with the 80 MB of el cheapo
ram that's in there,
> > (2*32, + 2*8), it has enough for a LARGE buffer with the
player. I've been
> > using it for about 3 months now, haven't had a problem
with it... I just
> > take out the CD when I want to update it, and throw it
back in
> > when I wanna
> > play. I figure that I probably spent about $250 total
(70 for the
> > motherboard, 40 for the CD, 80 for the ram(only 72 pin
fast page... It's
> > only a Pentium 133 in there.) and other miscellaneous
things
> > lying around my
> > house (the extra 50 for the screen, controller, power
supply, wires, etc).
> > But, so far, I have no complaints... but GPS would be
nice.. :)

> > -jeff Dezur
> > jeffd@wwnet.net

David Knaack
> > Sent: Thursday, April 01, 1999 10:29 PM
> > To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
> > Subject: Re: TI-H: empeg player
> >

> > From: Dan <danti@applecyber.dyndns.com>
> > >Too bad no one is making them though... I mean... all
those
> > companies need
> > >to do is throw in a 6gig 2.5" drive and an LCD screen
and they are set.

> > Yep, all I ask is a ~2 GB shock mounted drive that can
be attached to a
> > computer
> > somehow (preferably by pulling the entire deck and
connecting it to the
> > drive controller
> > in the computer), and some way to store play lists so I
can select amoung
> > them, just
> > as if I had a CD changer.  Heck, you could make one of
those to go int he
> > place of
> > traditional CD changers, just give it the same kind of
interface
> > to the head
> > unit, but
> > give it a big HDD instead of CD's.  Then you dont' even
have to
> > worry about
> > interface,
> > the user can plug the box into the computer to put songs
on and arrange
> > playlists.
> >
> > Forget all this fancy stuff, I just want a simple (ie
affordable)
> > device to
> > put in the car,
> > but it has to have butt-loads of storeage, cuz I like my
MP3's at 320Kbps.

> > DK

Follow-Ups: References: