TI-H: IDE stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: IDE stuff

While we are on the topic, i have a slight problem wiht my ide setup on my
computer

I have 3 hard drives and a cd-rom drive i want to hookup.
all ide
i put the 2 harddrives on one ide cable. they work fine.
i put the cd-rom drive as master on the second cable, the 3rd hd as slave
the 3rd hd doesnt show up as a valid drive. bios sees it, but
win95/dos/linux dont

i tried unplugging the cd-rom drive and using another ide hd for the master
in its place. that worked fine. all 4 hds worked.

cant a cd-rom be a master over a hd?  does it have to be a slave?  can a
cd-rom only be by itslef on an ide cable?

please.  I know this is slighty off topic, but you group of ppl are ht
emost qualified to answer it if anyone is.

thanks,

-Jonathan Kaus
kaus@cybrzn.com
jedsmeny@hotmail.com