Re: TI-H: Networking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Networking

>From: Brian Watson <pilotcar@iserv.net>
>SHIVANJJS@aol.com (SHIVANJJS@aol.com) wrote:
>
>>i have 2 modems and 2 phone lines, running windows 95, can i have 2
people
>>call me up and create a network, play 3 player quake without the
Internet

>Unless you can find some way to do this with 3-way calling it's not
>possible.

Perhaps you misunderstand.  Its a RAS solution, each person dials
up and connectes to the host computer on seperate phone lines. No
problems, its done quite often with NT server (standard RAS only
supports 1 user on 95 and workstation. Of course solutions are
available).  If you throw in a Digiboard you can have about 8
people dial in and do the same thing.  Use a LAN card and a PM3
and you can have 48 people.

Side note, a tech at a local computer store swears that Microsofts
AOE game will allow up to 5 people to network their machines via
modems ON THE SAME PHONE LINE.  I know, sounds like total BS, but
he says hes done it with himself and three other people.

DK