Re: TI-H: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhh!!!! HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Justin (JUSTIN18@geocities.com) wrote:

>Thanks, I did do a switch and now have it working, the problem was the
>capacitor had gone when I was soldering it.  I replaced it with a 29pf and I
>is working.  Surely there is somewhere to but that type of cable!  I can see
>how it is connected and am sure I could re-do it if I could get the cable!
>Any sugestions where to get that type of cable on the net?  Also Will TI get
>rid of the turbo switch etc If i send it to them.  I have had it just less
>than a year.

They don't sell that type of ribbon cable, or at least it's really hard
to find.  Even if you did get it you wouldn't be able to solder it.  A
machine puts those things onto the LCD very precisely and it's impossible
to do it by hand.  If TI does replace it, and I'm not saying that they
will because you modified it, they'd send you a completely new
calculator.  It's cheaper for them than to pay labor charges to fix it.
I'm pretty sure that they'd replace it because someone on this list sent
it back with a really large turbo switch on the side and they still
replaced it.  It's worth a shot...

--Brian

Brian Watson (pilotcar@iserv.net)
AIM: Moofit