Re: TI-H: TI-85 power with screen off??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-85 power with screen off??

In a message dated 9/25/98 12:46:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
dknaack@hotmail.com writes:

> I'd like to be able to set the calc up to monitor something,
>  for instance the temperature of a room.  Since the calc will
>  be on and collecting data for an indefinate period, I'd like
>  to drop its power consumption as low as possable.
>  Does anyone know if there is a way to put the TI-85 into some
>  kind of 'sleep' mode?  I'd also like to make sure the screen
>  is set to consume as little power as possable.

Well there is an -82 ASM program that turns the screen off...  Runs under ASH
and CrASH.  How do I know it turns the screen off???  Cause if you take out
the batteries the calc's mem resets.   The calc isn't really 'off', but the
LCD is.  It uses some kind of ROM call.

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/82/asm/programs/ash/safecalc.zip
(TI-82 Assembly Misc. Programs (Ash))

There ya go.