Re: TI-H: AOL chat rooms (was "linux...")

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: AOL chat rooms (was "linux...")

>From: Christopher Kalos <raptorone@geocities.com>
>One, [AOL Chat] IS an IRC server.  Just because the client
>is heavily modified doesn't keep it from being and IRC server.

My main question is what proof (not just evidence) do you have
that AOL uses an IRC server for their internal chat rooms?

>The protocols are 100% exactly the same.  All AOL did was
>heavily mask them over so that no one from the outside would
>really notice.

How do you know that he protocols are the same?

>I'm also pretty sure that you need to connect to the AOL
>server only if you're on a dialup.  Otherwise, you can't,
>seeing as you're already on a network.  You can just irc
>from a normal server at that point.

I don't follow you, what do you mean?  Are you saying that
only AOL dialup users can connect to irc02.irc.aol.com?
Even if true (which I suspect it is), I don't see how
this supports the assertation that AOLs internal chat rooms
are servered by an IRC server (or are you just saying why
I couldn't connect thru my firewall?).

DK