Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

> Duh... the entire chat system is an IRC client.  I wouldn't be suprised
> if the IM system is little more than the IRC /msg protocol with minor
> modifications.  But, if you dial into aol (NOT a TCP/IP connection into
> your account, although I like those), you can run mIRC/VIRC/BitchX
> (win32 port) and connect to irc02.irc.aol.com and join any chat room,
> although I think there's a little bit of work involved in doing so.
> But, the chat system is genuine IRC.

Actually, you are totally 100% wrong.  I doubt if the creators of the AOL
chat thingy have even heard of IRC (the bastards).  You can see this
just by actually using the AOL chat thingy (which I prefer not to do).
Also, your IRC client works just like it would on any other ISP as long
as your parental control setting is at general (explained in a prior letter).
The only difference is that you are k-lined from 90% of the servers and
banned from 90% of the channels because of your hostmask (.aol.com).