Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

>>Your ISP can proxy everything without you knowing.  No netscape setup or
>>anything.
>

>Not unless they have you running proprietary software or are using some
>funky connection protocol. If they are throwing you straight PPP, then you
>retrieve the default gateway. You call the gateway a proxy. Everyone else in
>the english-speaking country calls it a router.

I call a router, a router.  gussie.alaska.net is a router.  I'm using
192.168.1.63 and the www server is 192.168.1.249.  List server
192.168.1.248.  Router, 192.168.1.1.  You can force a caching proxy on
people who are using a PPP server and the gateway the ISP provides.

Aol gives dumb names to their proxy servers.  :/

Follow-Ups: References: