Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

> Hmmm...10MB versus 2MB.  Plus you don't have the proxy which slows you
> down on an ISP.  You also get a real POP3 account, which you can check
> with almost any TCP/IP account as opposed to AOL's e-mail which you can
> only check by connecting to their service with their software.

Do you have that backwards?  Last I checked, the minimum amount of
space on AOL was 10 (and you can get up to 50 free by letting AOL
add banners and stuff to your page) and Geocities was 2.  AOL is like
three times faster than Geocities and you don't have to load the ads
and that stupid floating logo.  AND, you can download/upload/edit/
allow users to upload to your site with FTP, which I don't believe you
can do with Geocities.

And you can check AOL mail from the net now.  I just have no clue
how (I just install the AOL software on all computers I read my mail on).