Re(2): TI-H: A Virtual Hub: Interlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re(2): TI-H: A Virtual Hub: Interlink

the system that you are describing is very feasible, so feasible, in fact,
that it has already been made. Its called the MBus system. it consists of
two things:

1) The MBus hub: this is very simple to make, all calcs in the network
just plug into it. the internal workings are very simple. when the calcs
are plugged in, the red wires connect to the red wires, the white wires to
the white wires, and the ground wires to the ground wires. Your link does
the same thing, but it just doesn't have a physical hub.

2) The MBus software: This software works off the I2C principle. when the
first calc is plugged in and it runs the software, it becomes the master
calc. all other calcs plugged in afterwards become slaves, and they get
different addresses. the software provides for crash detection, error
checking, and other stuff. I'm sure that the sound routines that you want
can be built in.

In short: your network idea has already been done, sorry. but neat
'virtual hub' idea.

FUZZ
I Don't See Why Not
listen.to/yankovic