Re: TI-H: Music Players

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Music Players

Nonononononono... Grant is misinformed.  You want positively BEAUTIFUL midi on a
PC?  Get the new Sound Blaster Live.. most likely, the best piece of amateur sound
hardware in existence.  Beats the crap out of the best ensoniq cards.  But hey,
that's just the opinion of the converted :)

CK

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >One thing, considering you're already doing an MP3 player, Grant, is that you
> >might want to add support on it for .MODs and maybe (if you have time) .MIDs.
> >I know MIDI files don't have the best of sound but there are so many of them
> >it would be nice to have support.
>
> What are you talking about?  For the mac, get quicktime.  for PCs, get
> Yahaha XG (software module).  Midi sounds like you are in a concert hall or
> something.
>
> if you use an SB16 or some old trashy FM card, then no wonder it sounds bad.
>
> A MIDI wavetable is what you're looking for.  If you need a hardware
> wavetable, ensonic makes one for the PC, and quicktime is just as good.
>
> Grant

Follow-Ups: References: