Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

> I'd love to use AOL and be forced to use their junky IRC client, their
> junky speed, their junky 'net at my fingers' and the content they hide
from
> the internet because it isn't good.  :/

Ever hear of Winsock or the appropriate counterpart?  I use AOL simply
because my parents love it and I'm too cheap to pay $20/month for my own
ISP.  I can run any TCP/IP app this way (e.g. Netscape, WS_FTP, mIRC,
NetCB, Kali, Kahn, etc.).  Using the Winsock gateway, no material is
filtered (I speak from personal experience... [smile]).  I must concede,
however, that AOL's refusal to allow us NNTP/SMTP/POP3 access angers me.

Kevin DeGraaf

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: