Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

>>>How about Quake 2? I can get about 20fps at 640x480 on my pII with a
>Stealth
>>>64. I'd like to see a Mac running Quake 2 using vpc.
>>
>>Don't have to.  Compile the linux version.
>
>Of course you could compile the linux version. Quake is the only good 3d
>game out there that compiles on linux. I'm talking about the efficiency of
>vpc.

Efficiency of vpc is only on some games.  Quake is one of the the progs it
does well.  The 3dfx emulation is translated to quicktime 3d and then sent
to my ATI 3D video chipset.  It doesn't realy emulatete the 3d hardware,
just translates the stuff.  Thats how it can go so fast.

-The FIRST public domain portable hardware mp3 player-
http://gussie.alaska.net