Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

In a message dated 9/12/98 3:53:10 PM Central Daylight Time, gussie@alaska.net
writes:

> >Show the world you have friends on an online community.  Most of my friends
>  >aren't computing wizards and wouldn't know how to do IRC.  (AOL vs any
> other
>  >ISP)
>
>  Heather uses AOL
>  Rachel uses Netscape and AOL IM
>  Emily uses Netscape and AOL IM
>  Brandon doesn't have 'internet', but uses a dialup shell account with lynx.
>  He hardly knows how to use his mac.
>  Mel H. has AOL
>
>  I don't want to list them all...

My point exactly, I can IM them without them or me installing extra software
or downloading IRC software, I can go to AOL-only content and still have the
net at my finger tips.  You proved my point for me, thanks.

>>Show the world you prefer a GUI to a text prompt (Win95 vs DOS)
>
>I'd much rather use bash.

And how many people use bash???

>>Show the world you prefer games to speed (Win95 vs Mac)

>Just got done playing quake 1.0 on VPC 2.0.  In fact, it was an online
>game.  jared has a quake server at quake.greatland.net

Now go buy Unreal or Forsaken and try getting anything over 15 FPS on your
Mac.
(They practically NEED a 3dFX card, which, by the way has 10x better 3D than
any Mac in existance.  And unsuprisingly it works only with IBM architectures,
what a cawinkydink.)

Rob Hornick
Show the world you don't care what Grant thinks