Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

>On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Grant Stockly wrote:
>
>> I run MKLinux (RedHat PPC), Linux (RedHat x86), NetBSD, and a variant of
>> AT&T + Berkley Linux.
>
>Just for a minor bit of trivia to store away, just what is this thing you
>call "AT&T + Berkley Linux"?  I'll have to assume you mean UNIX in
>general, as there are currently no major Linux patches coming out of UCB.

A/UX.  Its a unix that ran on old macs and IBM workstations.

>Can you please take a picture of a 166MHz Pentium II?  That has got to be
>some sight!

I never found out what it was supposed to be.  Some 166MHz [insert one if
intel's poor market names]

>Tell me, just what Linux are you running on your SE/30?  If you're still
>using NetBSD/mac68k, you should check out the latest Linux/mac68k.  For
>the SE/30 is one of it's most stable platforms these days.

yes, but stable things aren't fun.  :)  Thats the only reason windows is
loved by many.  ;)  Its rewarding to spend a day just getting a stupid tcp
socket working.

>You want to talk real m68k-based workstations? Sun3's are some of the
>best.

So is the mk68 running gussie.alaska.net.  100% pure 68040.

-The FIRST public domain portable hardware mp3 player-
http://gussie.alaska.net

Follow-Ups: References: