Re: TI-H: Morse-eye

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Morse-eye

>First off, what's PCI?  I haven't seen any significant developments in
>PC design since Microchannel.  (This can lead to many rants, so let it
>die NOW).  Next, AOL is just fine, but not for people who need all that
>the internet can offer.

When the people I described get AOL just because 'it will make them have
"internet"' and internet will make them a hacker...  There are too many
people on and off AOL who think that.

>If all the people who could benefit from a
>regular ISP would leave AOL, it would probably reduce internal traffic
>enough to be even better for the non-internet-savvy user.
>Next, IDE?  ugh.  You of all people should appreciate SCSI ove IDE, even
>on wearcomps.  Granted, a SCSI HD is an IDE drive with an SBIC (Go
>ahead, compare boards and block diagrams, it's true.  You might have a
>few enhancements to eliminate the IDE bottleneck, but that's about it),
>but still, SCSI provides better usability.

Just like an IDE HD is a SCSI HD with a different controller...  IDE
orrigionaly came from MFM users who wanted to have the driver card on the
drive, instead of a 18" card.