Re: TI-H: 8 bit stereo sound! (and more)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 8 bit stereo sound! (and more)

Thats cool, but you'd need about 5 handshake lines to use a sound card,
unless it were a cheep 8bit one.  :)

Mel has also released plans on connecting IDE hard drives, SRAM, flash,
anything, or just about anyting to the link port.

Its about 100x slower than what you've got.  :)

But you have to remember that there are about 5 people who would mess with
their 92s board.  Most people woul have better luxk with a link port model.

>Hello, i'm new to the hardware list but most of you have probally talked
>to me on IRC... me being a regular in the ti calc channels for 3+ years ;)
>
>considering that.. most of you know i consider myself the leading
>authority on the 92's hardware. well anyways, something has come of my
>work.... check it out! :)
>

>It's late, I've been awake, working on this, for
>almost two full days..
>
>the plans for the needed modifications are not
>posted yet (i'll draw them up once i get some
>sleep)
>
>This is fully compatible with all 92's (most
>likely 89's also) and isn't just for sound...
>it's a 16 bit wide parallel port to which you
>could connect anything (yes.. even a PC's
>printer)
>
>it's up on my ti92 hardware page. Check it out!!
>
>http://www.mhtc.net/~donat/ti/
>

>(BTW, it is not just a lame link port hack.. this
>is a fully memory mapped 16 bit i/o port)
>

>Michael Donat
>donat@geocities.com

Follow-Ups: References: