Re: TI-H: Band pass filtering

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Band pass filtering

I can't argue with the ease of designing an IR link, but what if he is
doing RF?  You cannot claim that it's just as easy, because IR "noise"
is generally a lot easier to clean up than the random crap that messes
up most amateur (not ham) radio setups.  unless you really know what you
are doing, you won't get clean transmissions without heading into the
GHz range.  Of course, that kills the range.

CK

Grant Stockly wrote:

> IR is good.  Just modulate the signal.  I posted schematics for the new
> sony receivers.  Works great!
>
> All you need are 4 transmitters and 4 receivers for each link.
>
> Then you'll need to make 4 simple osc circuts for your chosen parts.  Thats
> about it.
>
> THe one I made worked 10 feet (AMP IT! :) ), but I ripped it apart to make
> a laser tag thing for my 8 year old brother.  :\
>
> Grant

Follow-Ups: References: