TI-H: AVR MPEG Player with TI interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: AVR MPEG Player with TI interface

I've completed 3 working versions of the MP3/MP2/MP2.5 audio bit stream player.

My 4th version is the that I had the stack pointer question on.

Anyway, one of these MPEG bit stream players can be built for about $45.
The nice thing is that a minute of stereo CD quality sound only takes up
998K.

You can compress audio 12:1 using mp3 compression and not loose quality!
Thats 1.4MBit a sec to 128kbit!

1MB can store >3 minutes of FM-AM quality sound.

Plans and schematics are available at http://gussie.alaska.net/files/ACPlay

I'm going to get my homework done, then finish reworking the ACPlay section
of the site.

There will also be the option of a portable player which has a char or
graphic LCD (storage is an ATA/ATAPI device) and a portable player which
uses a TI calculator as the monitor and control pad.

All code for ATA/ATAPI will be posted.

BTW, all of this project was done on the 1200 and 8515!  (1200 for PP model
and 8515 for IDE/ATAPI)

Thanks for your time,
Grant