TI-H: TI Network - TIN

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI Network - TIN

	I have been hearing tons of stuff about the MBus but to me it seems that it
falls short in several areas.
1.	The MBus 'client side software' is not available for all TI-calcs (only
TI-85/86, I 	believe).
2.	The MBus protocol is not unique. It is owned by Philips and is therefore
the application we are using it for is (technically) illegal since there are
no certified I2C devices on the network.
3.	There isn't a file server.

	So, I propose a new TI Network, tentatively titled "TIN" (an acronym.)
However, I myself do not have the crucial electronics knowledge to
create/implement this idea.  I am calling on everyone in TI-H to put forth
some effort into this if they can.
Specifications:
	-central 'hub' that can be connected to by standard TI 2.5 mm link cables
	-'hub' allows for file sharing, multiplayer gaming, and chat applications
	-software/drivers and hub compatible with TI-82, TI-83, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89,
and TI-	92(+); obviously, different software/driver versions will need to be
made
	-does not require tons of electronics knowledge to be built
Ideal Extras:
	-hub can hold files due to either some RAM or a small IDE hard drive
	-files can include:
		-downloadable applications
		-files, for applications
		-variables

	First of all, this may not be technically feasible - but I think it can be
done.  Second, I realize that this may be cost prohibitive - but I highly
doubt it.  While I realize only certain models of calculators will be able to
share files, it would be a nice feature.  Additionally, the multi-player
gaming applications could be good, as well as educational applications.  I
think that this would be a worthwhile project as opposed to the flame wars and
arguments going on.  Please get back to me ASAP,

Rob Hornick