TI-H: speaking of 86's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: speaking of 86's

my friend dropped his ti86 on a tile floor... his calc is fine, but the 3rd line (horizontal line) just doesn't do anything. it's blank, no matter how much juice you pump into the disp.

anyway, i've been enlisted to fix it for him, and i've checked the lcd connections of the horizontal rows, and nothing's wrong.  please help me troubleshoot this.

if it may help, when it mario86, if you position mario DIRECTLY under the line, possibly with his head clipping one bit into it, you see random pixels appear every 2 seconds right above his head.  i'm beginning to wonder about this....

thanks to anyone who responds
--Greg