Re: TI-H: BLANK LINES!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: BLANK LINES!!!

>From: Snoops010@aol.com
>My ti-85 has some blank lines in the middle of the screen, sometimes
they turn
>on, but then turn back off, does anyone know how to fix this?

This is usually caused by loose connections in the ribbon/zebra
cable between the display board and the LCD.  Open the calculator
and use jumper wires to connect up the batteries back to the
correct terminals.  Turn the calculator on and gently press on
the cable where the blank lines appear.  Depending on which end
of the cable has the problem you may have to remove the screws
that hold the display board in.  If you find that pressing in
a certain place fixes the problem, you can make the calculator
usable by placing a piece of foam or cardboard over the place
such that it will press the wires down when the case is closed.
Use tape or adhesive to keep it from slipping out of place.

If the calculator is new, or has no modifications you want to
loose, call TI and see if they will exchange it for you.

DK