Re: TI-H: IDE stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IDE stuff

>From: kaus <kaus@cybrzn.com>
>I put the hd as master, the cdrom as slave, but now the hard drive will
>work, but the cd-rom will not at all.  it is recognised by
>bios/win95/linux, but you cant access it.
>the hard drive works fine for accessing it.
>Is this one of the problems you were talking about manufacturers
problems?

Yep, sounds like it.  Only solution I know if is to move drives
around until you find an arrangement that makes them all happy,
or buy a new drive to replace two of the existing drives. This will
leave the CD on its own port, where it should work fine.  Most
HD's work ok together (I have on run into a couple that wouldn't
work).  Connor, Seagate and Western Digital always seem to work
together (But Connor no longer exists).

Buying a new controller _might_ help, I don't know for sure.

DK