Re: TI-H: heh

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: heh

The PPC 601 back in 1994 had a max of 1024MB of RAM, and that was just
because 16 SIMM slots took up space.

Now the limit is 5GB or so, but no one has that much money...

An intel 10GHz means nothing.  :)  They keep nursing allong their 30+ year
old technology and command set.  Its going to hurt them.  Thats why they
are trying to buy out their competition...

10GHz from intel is laughable.  They can't get their 1GHz chip to run
stable, and IBM is putting the touches on 533 and 750MHz chips.  IBMs 1GHz
chip needs new bus technology that hasn't been developed, so they won't be
releasing it soon...

I know the answers, but you'll find allot in the reasearch process...  Tell
me how much watts of power a 300MHz PII "MMX" uses, then I'll tell you how
many watts a 300MHz PPC uses.  :)

Grant

Even