RE: TI-H: (~OT)mp3s

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: (~OT)mp3s

Same with me, but mine didn't work all too well... I had a VERY old 486
motherboard, that I popped a 486 DX4-100 (intel... only one they had, it wuz
only $20 anyways) and got the bus as fast as I could. It only worked on a
50MHz, and I had a crappy VESA vid crd, didn't work under dos too well,
still skipped, but it worked somewhat better than in win95.
I got a copy of linux, and set that up (little bit o work, first time ever)
and it now plays MP3s just fine... Runs great. Since no mouse, no problems
with it & the vid crd conflicting.

But, then, I got a free P133 from a guy I did some work for, and replaced it
all, and just put win95 on there (win98 caused it to skip, tried both) and
now use winamp, and let it suck all the processor it wants, since it only
does my own personal web hosting (web page design business) and plays MP3s
for m while I work on my main system.

-Jeff
jeffd@wwnet.net