Re: TI-H: risc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: risc

That isn't a very good example Grant.  That is just one of the many commands
that RISC and CISC have.  If I wanted a RISC processor to accomplish one of
the CISC 59 new "MMX" commands, then it would take the RISC processor more
clocks to get it accomplished.  To set a greater example, if I wanted to
make a game based on MMX commands, then I wanted to port it to an IBM RISC,
the game would ultimately be slower, unless I knew the IBM RISC commands (if
any) that were similar to the MMX commands.  Even pipelining wouldn't help
the RISC accomplish it, since CISC can play that game to. On the contrary,
if I wanted to program something in RISC, then it may be easily applicable
to CISC, although CISC would probably be slower, for obvious reasons.  Like
I said the first time: It ALL depends upon the application.

-dan

You standing in line?
You believing the lies?
You bowing down to this flag?