Re: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

In a message dated 11/27/98 10:55:06 PM Central Standard Time,
gussie@alaska.net writes:

> IBM's processors are hands down faster tha intel.
>  Go look at their page with statistics...
>  http://www.chips.ibm.com/products/ppc/overview/perform.html
I don't want to get involved in this at all, but, you can't really trust any
chipmaker for their own stats.  They constantly have, and always will, try to
inflate/lower the numbers, or adjust the data, or put their chip in ideal
situations.  So, I wouldn't trust IBM's stats on IBM or Intel or ANYONE'S
chips.  For reference, I wouldn't trust Intel's stats on IBM or Intel or
anyone's chips.  i wouldn't even trust a comp manufacturer that uses both
Intel and IBM chips, because they most likely don't want to incur the wrath of
Wintel.  Any way, let's talk about TI stuff.

Rob Hornick