RE: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

Not as bad as my mishap... or just plain stupidity. I did the same thing you
did, with the accidently grab the iron too low, right on the hot part, but,
the cord was too short, and with me being right handed, I had a tendency to
toss it to the right, while dropping it. Well, the cord went tight, and
sprung back right on to my lap! Lemme tell ya, I'm glad I was wearing jeans!
And man, you move quick with a 400 degree soldering iron in your lap about 3
inches away from, well, you know where! Of course, I jumped up, and the iron
landed right on the carpet, but it landed just right, so the hot part was
about a half inch away from the carpeted part. Boy I was glad it didn't melt
it (both the carpet and the jeans :) but I did learn since then, to put the
iron back in the holder when I get done using it, and to use a nice LONG
extension cord.. :)

-Jeff Dezur
jeffd@wwnet.net