Re: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>:\  I've had 70volts at 300kHz go through my ear once.  :)

About my worst 'Zapping' was when I picked up a bare transformer
I was using for a PSU on my bench, the 120vac contacts were uninsulated,
and my hand was damp from a cold drink glass.  Felt like sombody hit
my hand with a hammer.

>We did that to one guy in health class last year.  It was one of those
>kodak ones.  We just put it on the table in front of him and he picked it
>up and started playing with it in the middle of class and right in the
>middle of a lecture be bolted out of his chair and started screaming.  It
>was soooo funny.  :)

In physics class when we were doing electronics we used to play a game
with the big caps.  They were rated at around 200vdc, up to about 500uF.
You stick the leads into a wall socket for an instant, they charge almost
instantly, to somwhere between 0 and 120v.  Then you play "Hot potato"
with it :)  Eventually someone gets a nasty suprise when they catch both
leads at the same time.  Sometimes its bad (500uF at 100v is quite a bit
of energy!), sometimes you got lucky and only got hit with a few dozen
volts.

DK