Re: TI-H: Christmas List

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Christmas List

From: danb@mailexcite.com <danb@mailexcite.com>
>I don't know, but if I were Grant I'd be working my ass off. I mean, once
>you have made a working MP3 portable player, you've just gotta make it
>improved so the public can easily look at COMPLETED schematics, upload a
>SINGLE driver for the AVR, and copy windows/mac/linux software to a disc
and
>take advantage of it by shipping em out and make a lot of $ off of it...

I'd hazard a guess that Grant isn't particularly intrested in selling it or
plans
for it (if he was I'm sure he would have done as you said).   Don't assume
everyone is driven by the same goals as you.  I'm guessing he did it because
it was an entertaining project and gave him a cool portable player, not
because
he wanted to get rich teaching the world how to make a device that probably
more than one major manufacturer will probably be making commercially
in a short time.

He as absolutly no obligation to release anything he creates, or prove
to anyone that he did create it (most of us won't actually believe him until
we have a working model on our workbench tho...).

DK