Re: TI-H: METER

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: METER

---Chad Bonner <hbonner@TTACS.TTU.EDU> wrote:
> I'm interested in how it could controlled by using basic statements...
> let me know if you could...
>
> Thanks
> Chad

Ever heard of the CBL system? It's a device that you can connect to
your calc (about every calc ti makes) and you can use it to measure
voltages, resistant, etc. and read it in your calc. Look in your
manual for the CBL commands. For the ti-85 they are:
Input "CBLGET", variable - Input command
Outpt("CBLSEND",variable) - Output command
BTW, the output command is written wrong in my (dutch) ti-85 manual,
the above command is the right one. When using the output command, the
calc just starts a normal variable transmission, but with a different
command byte. With the input command, the calc asks for a variable,
and the device responds by sending a variable to the calc in the same
way a normal calc would send a variable. BTW, with the input command,
the calc asks for the variable specified in the command, but it
doesn't matter what variable is returned to the calc. I will write a
doc explaining the CBL system soon, and i will probably put it on
ti-calc alone, or ask the writer of the ti-prot.txt file to include
it, so you have all the information together.

---Adam Davis <adavis@baladyne.com> wrote:

> I would be interested in example source code for a microcontroller
> interpreting the basic statements.
>
> -Adam
When i have the time i'll see what i can do for you. Do you have a
specific controller in mind?

That's all for now,

Neil