Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

In a message dated 11/9/98 6:41:43 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Firepower5@aol.com
writes:

> > >What difficult functions does a toll booth have?
>  >
>  >  Could be lots of stuff, automated billing, drive-by sensing
>  >  of passing vehicles and remote administration to name a few.
>  >
>  >  Difficult is pretty much a matter of time and experiance,
>  >  pretty much any competent programmer can figure out how to
>  >  do just about anything given enough time.
>
>  Right - In Illinois, at least, there is a system called 'I-Pass' that lets
> you
>  drive through at 15 MPH with a little box on your car... you buy a certain
>  amount of tolls each month, say $20.00 in 40 cent tolls (for someone who
has
>  daily commute) and each time you drive through, it deducts 40 cents from
> your
>  account...  So, that includes the automated billing and drive-by sensing.
> It
>  seems this would be more arduous to program than difficult, you could get a
>  pretty good idea of how to do it in a few minutes but it would take a while
>  write.  (I think.)  BTW, I think programming toll booths is pretty cool =)
>
>  Rob Hornick

in orlando, fl we have a similar system called e-pass, youc an drive trough at
20mph, i heard they are going to upgrade it to 60 mph
-JJS