TI-H: Re: ACPlay Software (was: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: ACPlay Software (was: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H:Radio/In...))

The ACPlay doesn't have enough ram to waste time decoding ID3 tags.  I've
found the ID3 specification is trash so I dev'd my own.  When you up a
song, if it has an ID3 tag, the ID3 tag is converted to my format so you
don't notice a thing...

Grant

But mp3s can be played with errors.  The file can be full of them and it
will still play.

Checksums are nice, but not needed.  If I decide to add them (not there on
version 1) they will be 16bit.  Unless I use the Atmel Thumb (they might
have an Arm too) so it could be 32bit.  I don't want to waste time on
custom math operations...

Grant