Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

Nope.  The HD can seek in time for a 30k transfer.  The files can be
fragmented so much that you'd be surprized...  My 12GB drive acp has never
gone under defrag and runs like new.  I see no point.

Does make the source code allot more complicated though.  :)

>What? that did not make a whole lot of sense. You need to defrag after
>adding/deleting a lot of files... I don't know where you got 30k/sec

The fastest MPEGs are 30 to 45k a sec.  i can vet 150kbyte a sec with my
AVR/8255 combination so it doesn't matter.  I get 150k WITH a drive
fragmented beyond belief.

Grant