Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

That may work... for maybe a little bit, but sooner or later there will
be too many scattered words and it will have to be defragged... so no
matter what a defrag is necessary. Also, if you transfer your whole CD,
vinyl, tape collection to a 7 gig HDD, then if you remove
ABBA_-_some_song and you remove ZZ_TOP_-_some_song, then if you want to
put a song on that was bigger than both of those, then it would have to
go partially into abba and partially into zz_top, so I dunno how that
would effect it, but unless there is RAM, then it is pretty much
skrewed... any comments? I may be wrong, but it seems logical...

>From: "Jon Olson" <morph@jmss.com>
>To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)
>Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 20:21:41 -0500
>

>yes, i am...spaces that are at least a few sectors long of course, we
don't
>want to sacrifice too much space efficiency for speed.
>
>-- Jon Olson

MUST