Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

>In a message dated 11/1/98 7:32:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, gussie@alaska.net
>writes:
>
>> >In a message dated 11/1/98 4:41:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, gussie@alaska.
>> net
>>  >writes:
>>  >
>>  >> I have my licesne but I don't care about it.  I just like building the
>>  >>  equipment, trying it out, selling it, and moving on to something else..
>>  >
>>  >Really, what's your callsign? What class are you? I need to work the
>> Anchorage
>>  >grid on 6m SSB..........I'm trying to get my WAS.
>>
>>  I got a Novice code, novice test, and tech test.  TechPlus!  Wow!  :)
>>
>>  I got my license in 6th grade, and havn't looked at it since.  I could try
>>  setting up a 120 meter yagi, but my dad probably wouldn't go for that.  :)
>>
>A couple  of things:
>
>1. 120mtrs isn't a band

It was back in 1980.  :)  My uncle has a giant antena connected to a 10
foot stack of vintage 1950 military gear.  Transmits at arround 200 watts.
Has its own 220 volt circut.

They aren't used anymore because of the large size of the antenna.  My
uncle in fairbanks already had a huge lot, so whats the point...

he also has an 80 meter and 40 meter.  The first ARRL handbook too.  :)
Has diagrams for these 5kW HF amps.  its crazy.  They say things like
'needs 70 amps cont'.  They had a nice little 50watt VHF amp, but it needed
some very expensive tubes.  :)

>2. What is your callsign?  Or what grid are you in?   I can loan you gear to
>make a contact for my WAS....

WAS...thats one of those ARRL things isn't it?