Re: TI-H: Chris: Da stuff (I2C radio network)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Chris: Da stuff (I2C radio network)

>In a message dated 11/1/98 4:47:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, gussie@alaska.net
>writes:
>
>> I think cost effective we can get up into the 2/1.25 meter range.  Maybe go
>>  to HF, but U/VHF transmitters are cheep and have a pretty good local range.
>>
>>  How many people on this list have their ham license?  Anyone that knows
>>  basic radio theory can get a license.  I was surprised how easy the test
>>  was.  I think you can even score a 'C' and still pass.
>>
>>  Now if everyone were to get their license, we could start on the radio
>>  link.  :)
>>
>>  We'd have to program the AVRs to automatically send out our call sign and
>>  all that junk through Morse code, but other than that most of the packet
>>  code is done.
>>
>>  Its just like a Single Master I2C network the way the packet interface I
>>  designed works.  I'm working on multi master radio, but the way radio waves
>>  are propagated, there might be frequent collisions.  :(
>>
>>  Grant
>>
>If you wanted a network going and I2C network would have way too many problems
>(routing mainly) and the collisions would make the throughput terrible.

Thats why I made a single master netowork.  There are no collisions
possible.  :)

>There's no way you will get a useful network running on HF (too crowded),
>6mtrs(too unreliable), 2mtrs (too crowded), Maybe on 220, or 440......440
>being the easiest becuase you can recrystal commercial gear you can get for
>free. But by the time you get this high on the spectrum distance stinks if
>we're using FM, so it'll have to be SSB, then we get into
>distortion........wheew........A WAN isn't practical....it's been tried
>before...with computers that are much more versital than calcs.......
>A LAN might work but instead of putting money into a calc LAN, just get an
>HP200(palmtop computer), a null modem, and the KPC-3 (TNC)...hook it up to an
>HT(radio) and you're all set!

Hey...here in AK, none of the freqs are used!  :) (HF ones are...)

So I'm going to do VHF.  There is hardly anyone on it...  My single master
implimintation works great...thats what I'm going to use.

Follow-Ups: References: