Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

>In a message dated 11/1/98 3:59:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, gussie@alaska.net
>writes:
>
>> No actually there are some real cool 300/1200bps modems I've made from
>>  plans on the net...  They work good.
>
>If you are refferring to radio modems for the amateur band they are called
>TNCs, and are more complicated than you could make Grant. The software is what
>would stop you (in the TNC itself).

Actually  :)  If you've been on amature radio and know as much as you say
you do, you'd know that there are more than just Packet and TNCs.  :)

>Besides, you can't run any higher than
>300bd on frequencies below 10meters and those bands are too crowded for a
>reliable calc conversation....geez, everyone on the list has a computer, just
>hook it up to that...easier...

Oh yeah.  Packet modems are way to complicated for me.

Why don't you go back to the little hole where you came from?  You do
nothing but insult people.  Never help.

And I do know what I'm talking about 'Mr. Elite Ham Radio Person'

Follow-Ups: References: