    ___________
  =|           |====.
  =|  Toshiba  |===. '.
  =|___________|==. '. |
                   | | |
  =             ==' ,' |
  =             ===' ,'
  =             ===='

You mentioned a sony chip, right? You mention the traces right above the chip
to connect a second one.

Notice how the traces turn on the side? That means that the chip is turned and
might sugest a diferent pin layout, a Sony chip for example???

What if you simply soldered a Toshiba chip into the top slot??? Me, a Sony
into the bottom slot??? Who knows!!! It might work.

Does anyone have any sugestions???

The problem would be if it's only mirroring the other chip.

I'm not sure what it's doing.

Also, do all the required connections lead to the rom Module??? If so, the
chip could be wired there, underneath the rom???

--

ryan pogge wrote:

> do you have ICQ? this would be easyer to talk over icq or irc...
>
> >I found the Chip in my Toshiba databooks. i'll call the Chicago
> division
> >sometime to ask if i could get some samples or low quantity orders of
> the part.
>
> same here !
>
> >TC551001BF-70L
>
>  yep
>
> >I may have to use a diferent chip.
>
> yep
>
> >My chip is a Thin Small Outline Package, but I belive I can do the work
> on it,
> >except the pins are less than hal as far apart (they are on the
> ENDS!!!)
>
> yes thats how my 1.4 board is... which males me think that maybee the
> boards that where used do not nesasaraly corespond to ROM version!!!ouch
>
> what chip is IN your 92?
> mine has a sony :) WTF is up with that :)
> but you see my board has the traces already on it to accept a second
> chip... right above the first one.  the traces connect all the nessasary
> pins to the other RAM chip and then connect some pins to the rom pins...
> almost exactly in the same way that the guy soldered his new RAM in on
> that page.  so Im thinking I might keep my 1.4 if I can figure mine
> out... just find a sony chip I guess...

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html