Re: TI-H: TI-MemSwitch

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-MemSwitch

1) putting the ram externaly would require about 40 wires running into
the calc. why on earth would you want that?  we are talking about an
actual RAM upgrade.. not a storage device anyway. I would hate to see
what would happed if you unpluged it while your calc was on. stick with
piggy back.

2)you cant use more than one chip for obvious reasons... it is obvious
to you isn't it?  memory addressing :)

3)do you have a 1.7? if not then I doubt you will be able to do the
upgrade, since it requires finding the correct adressing pins and so
fourth with a logic tester... its only been mapped with a 1.7 ( I have
mapped my 1.4, but I havent been able to find the RAM chip I need)

4)the capacitor i used was 8pf if you replace it you will get 3x speed.
Oviously if you use a switch you will need around a 4pf cap.
to get 3x

I dont know how you are with soldering...also be sure you are
comftorable with small soldering jobs and you have a good needle tip
Soldering iron... practice on some junk SMD from an old piece of
electronics first.

beacause if you screw up... it will be almost imposable to get the ram
chip unsoldered without overheating it....

just some thoughts...