TI-H: E and Radio Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: E and Radio Link

I'm going to use a different plan for the radio link/

I've been waiting for a long *long* time for his schematics and havn't
gotten them/  So I'm going to use the same technology used in wireless
ethernet/

The radio links will operate at 1.9GHz and use about 900mW full speed (110k
per sec)/  It also depends on the distance/  The radio link will amp up the
signal to a max of 26db if it needs too/  I don't know how far it will
transmit/  Your regular cordless phone operates at 900MHz (this is
1900MHz)/

Anyway, this scheme will work better/  I thinking I can get about 57600
perfectly and maybe 110 if I hack it a little/

The main Transciever chip cost $9 and the amps cost $4.  The AVR cost
$4.50/  Then you need a few other misc parts/  Too bad its a 44, 18, 20 pin
surface mount deal.  :)  Unless you guys all have rework stations, we'll
have to find a fab company to make them/  These things should get the range
of a cel phone within a single cell/

I ordered a set of 5 of the chips last night and they'll be here sometime soon/

As for the E, I think it would be cool to put a transciever in your locker
so you would only have a box the size of a cel phone, but you could have
toons of eeprom or other storage/