Re: TI-H: get off radio shack!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: get off radio shack!

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Larry G Currie wrote:

> Hey, anyone care to help me fix my serial link?

Check that the diodes are going the right way; they slip in backwards
occasionally. If you're using a cable other than the one TI includes to
link calcs together, ignore the wire colors marked on the schematic. It
was a nice idea, but not a good thing to put on the schematic. Many people
will go on the assumption that all 2.5mm cables are wired the
same--they're not. Use an ohmmeter to figure out which wires connect to
the tip and ring of the cable; ignore what color they are. Electrons can't
tell the difference anyway.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com