Re: TI-H: NM29A040/080 PDF: GOT IT!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: NM29A040/080 PDF: GOT IT!!!

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Richard Piotter wrote:

:
:I'd like to see the Temp sensor drivers converted to all the TI-8x series.
:
This gave me a cool idea! If we could make an OS, or just a copy of one of
the current ones, which would, when run, 1) look at a certain variable set
by a previously calling BASIC program 2) find the program it pointed to
and run it 3) drop back to TI-OS......

This would allow for, just as Rich asked, drivers for the TI-8x light
flasher series.  Except, you would be able to call them from a BASIC
program! You would be able to program something in TI-BASIC which would
turn on the light, turn it off, or flash it a couple of times.

You would have the OS, a program called LGHTON, another called LGHTOFF,
and another called LGHTFLSH.  Then, in your BASIC program, you would put
in:

1->P        ;In this case, P would be our program variable
	    ;and the number 1 would stand for the LGHTON program
prgm ASH4M  ;There you run the (M)iniature version of the asm shell
	    ;which looks up P and runs LGHTON, turning the light on,
	    ;then drops back to TI-OS.

If you wanted to turn the light off, you might do:

2->P
prgm ASH4M

Thoughts, comments, questions, concerns?

	-Joe
- joschnei@sendit.nodak.edu -